Welcome to our Marrero Area Cat Hospital
Cat owners in the Marrero area will no longer have to share a veterinarian’s office with the dogs thanks to The Cat Practice. Our Marrero area cat hospital is the only animal hospital in New Orleans to exclusively cater to cats. Located in the Lower Garden District of New Orleans, The Cat Practice provides a blend of traditional Western along with Chinese veterinary medicine. We are actually a lot like other practices, except we only deal with the feline species.
Our Marrero area cat hospital is the only Cat Friendly-certified practice to reach the gold level. We have a full veterinary team at the ready to help your feline with the medical treatment they need. In addition, we’re always eager to let you know how their treatment is going. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns, and we will see you at The Cat Practice soon!
Our Veterinary Services
Our Marrero area cat hospital provides the following services for your favorite felines:
- Preventive medicine for cats of all ages, including physical exams, vaccinations, parasite control and extensive monitoring for diseases in older cats
- An in-house digital imaging suite used to provide our felines with x-rays and ultrasounds
- Cat surgery with extensive monitoring by the staff during procedures
- Pain management for cats, including Class 4 Laser therapy
- Traditional Chinese veterinary medicine, along with standard feline veterinary care
- Nutrition counseling, where we may also provide a prescription diet if needed
- Cat grooming, where we offer various styles like the “Lion Cut,” as well as bathing options
- Cat boarding, which provides a soothing, calm place for cats to stay while the owners are away
The Cat Practice also aids the Louisiana SPCA in their efforts to find loving homes for felines. Our facility often has a couple of mature cats available for adoption. If you’re looking for a new feline to add to your family, stop in and take a look!
If you want your feline to see what The Cat Practice is all about, contact us at (504) 525-6369 for an appointment.